My chocolate chip cookie recipe has absolutely nothing to do with Mr. Darcy, other than they are both tasty! ;)
I got to use my little flowers.. I always forget to use them.
She posed for me and everything, see her apron? guess who embroidered it!
1 c butter flavored CRISCO
3/4 c white sugar
3/4 c brown sugar
2 large eggs
2 t MEXICAN vanilla
2 1/4 c all purpose flour
1 t baking soda
1 t salt
2 c milk chocolate chips (or whatever you want to put in)
- Preheat 350, grease or foil cookie sheets
- Cream crisco, sugar and brown sugar
- Add eggs one at a time, mix one in well before you add the other :)
- Add vanilla
- Combine flour, salt and baking soda in separate bowl
- Add flour mixture gradually until well mixed
- Fold in chocolate (or nuts, M&M's, toffee whatever!)
- Drop by spoonful onto sheets, flatten a bit with fingers
- Bake 10 min EXACTLY! Don't worry if they don't look done, they firm up as they COOL ON SHEET for 10 min. I usually have one sheet cooling while the other bakes, this keeps everything timed perfectly!
The important ingredients of this recipe are the BUTTER FLAVORED CRISCO and the MEXICAN VANILLA... makes all the diff! These just happen to be dairy free for us who are lactose intolerant, didn't mean for that to happen, just did! Magic.