Search This Blog

Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Apron Project


Oma, (my grandmother, who I look just like when she was my age) gave me a few boxes full of old craft stuff, trims, ribbons and some sequined appliques that should never have seen the light of day. You may remember a previous post were Allison and I had a good ol' time going thru the boxes before she dumped mine in her dumpster! The nerve!

Well, my favorite object in the chaos was this lacy white apron. I didn't get a picture of it before I "pulled it to pieces" as Lydia Bennet would say. It had a little, and I mean little pocketed top half, it looked too silly and so pointless. So I CHOPPED it! Now I just have the bottom skirt part.

I love the bottom skirt section still and I knew it needed a touch from the EmbroiDiva, so I added my own handmade embellishments. I want Shannon to keep it as an heirloom since she has the tiny waist and it looks so good on her!
One lovely day at Joann's Fabrics, I saw these 3 linen threads hanging in such an inviting manner! Their hues just scream Pride and Prejudice don't they?
Working with linen thread is a bit more complicated than good ol' cotton DMC. It's coarse and stiff, sometimes it breaks which isn't fun at all. However it looks so vintage I got over the inconvenience.







No comments:

Post a Comment

sing along


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About My Blog Video!