Search This Blog

Sunday, August 8, 2010

Hometown Blues Pity Party

Having a tough time getting excited about the move back to DFW. It has happened every year for the past like 3 or 4 years it seems. After high school I moved to Arlington in 2007, Killeen in 2008, Highland village in 2009, back to Van last summer. I have had 13 "homes" or places I officially lived, 4 Jr Highs, and a partridge in a pear tree. I know I'm just feeling sorry for myself here but I want to vent a little. I can't imagine living in one building for years on end, do people really do that?

So, I love Van. Van is more my home than any other place I have lived and I truly want to raise my family here one day. Of course it has it's short comings but the values here are something to be admired when you look at other towns. My life has rooted here over this past year, against my will. When we moved here last August, I had planned on only being here until Christmas break, well that didn't happen. And I am soooo thankful God changed my plans. But this change is a little hard for me to understand.

Why is my path leading away from all the opportunities and relationships I have here that have just began blooming in the past few months? He must have some plan/blessing/lesson for me that is worth me leaving all this behind. I have been teasing that I will be married in the next year and since the eligible men here in a town of 2,000 are non-existent something must be done!

I think my Charlemagne (I'll explain that one later, but for now, thats my soul mate) will be the only reason I would give up East Texas, lol. My crafting has taken a turn for the best here with embroidery, many custom orders, potential consignment sales etc. Hopefully when I move myself back here I can pick where I started craft wise.

BUT the whole point of this way too long post is that I am having trouble putting my faith in this move when what I am moving to and away from don't make sense, but thats the point isn't it? To put out blind faith in His plan and know that He will take care of it all in the end.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sing along


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About My Blog Video!