Search This Blog

Tuesday, June 8, 2010

Monogramed Pillows

Did I mention that I love embroidery? AHH! I can't stop. So two little lovely ladies have been brought into this world recently, both of whom I have been able to practice my needlework.

This pillow was made for Mary Meadows, the newest addition to East Texas society.


I could not find an acceptable lace for the life of me to go with the fabric and I couldn't leave it blank. But I saw this odd bit of trim and thought man thats kind of crazy I wonder...
... and I think it looks pretty nice and I wish I had lots more.

Nellie Grace's pillow has silk ribbon flowers. Silk ribbon is a pain Let me just tell you girlfriend! It will snag, and it will tangle, and it will get ruined, and it will piss you off!
but it will look fabulous! I took these pics with my phone so the depth of field isn't in focus. The trim was also an accident and I didn't think I would like it at first site but it goes so well with the rest of the pillow. I need more little babies so I can have an excuse to monogram more things. A girl from my college group (shout out Allison) mentioned she just started embroidery as well and thought about doing some Soffe shorts. I think custom monogram orders is a great idea and may steal it from her. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

sing along


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About My Blog Video!