Search This Blog

Friday, May 20, 2011

Graduation! It's over!!

The day has come and gone! So easily and with no hitches or problems, thank you God. Texas Women's University class of 2011 baby! I wanted so badly to do something to my mortar board but I was worried they wouldn't allow that. I know some schools who really crack down hard on dress code. Which is a great thing don't get me wrong. For example, during the ceremony my mother whispered to my grandmother Oma, "Women dress like hookers these days" Oma said "What are the hookers going to do? I worry for them" hahaha Now you must understand that Oma is... conservative to the max so when she pops out these witty little comments its great.
Family, owe it all to them, every single person. Tee Hee, Shannon's eyes... My family sans Alan, and Brianna and Aunt Sandy went to Lewisville to eat at Mimi's Cafe. YUM! The only thing that would have been better is Grump-ma's Mojitos.
I was so nervous that I was going to pass out, I can't eat when I have a big day so my blood sugar was pretty low. But I was spared thank the Lord again! Next graduation I will be bringing snacks fo-sho!
the day ended with Shannabee's last choir concert. It was really good, they did a lot of Glee versions of songs and had cute dances. They all wore bright BRIGHT t-shirts so when they walked of stage I said it looked like a huge bag of Skittles spilled.
It was the biggest day of my life so far, thats weird to think about, but it's true! Everything I have worked towards lead up to a 20 second stroll across a raised platform and the shaking of strangers hands. Absolutely worth the blood, sweat and many tears.

No comments:

Post a Comment

sing along


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About My Blog Video!