Search This Blog

Tuesday, October 5, 2010

"Craftastic night at Allison's Apartment" or "How not to Make a Garter"



Fellow crafter Allison and I had a fun Saturday planned; Hobby Lobby, go eat, then baby sitting. While we were at the promise land (HL) everything on the shelves begged us to take them home and CRAFT the crap out of them! **evil giggle** So I managed to give in to temptation and got goodies for a couple of projects. With school in full swing, moving and commuting everywhere true-honest-to-goodness-crafting has been molding on the back burner in a warped pot of despair and loneliness. It was wonderful to shop for crafty goodness. What did we get you ask? Well dear reader, I'll tell you. In the scrapbook section there lived vintage fabric flowers that wanted a nice home, then in the wood stuff were unfinished napkin rings, 2+2= 8 anthropologie-esque napkin rings!

Now I am looking for some vintage napkins or fabric to make my own, shouldn't be hard to sew a square right? But with all the colors I am having a tough time. Suggestions dear reader?

When we wandered over to the fabric section the lace and trim caught Allison's eye... let's make a garter! That sent us into a 20 min sit-down on the floor with all the spools draped over our legs comparing trims with laces to see which worked. I settles on pink trim with black lace. Racy huh? La!
**Craft Disclaimer**
Alicia Snow hates sewing with machines and following sewing patterns!
Hates it.
That being said, I can do it, I will do it, I just did it with a b-day prez for my cousin, but that it only in the improvisation situation when I just need a straight stitch, no instructions to follow, no bag drawings of what it should look like. Not gonna bore you with the details but somehow my cute garter ended up looking like this, oh yeah and it ended up on my head.

It looks like a fat tutu. Have fun with that one Allison, best luck to you hun. Allison, though, is taking to machine sewing like a fish to water. I gave her a crash course on how to use her Brother machine and she took off, cutting up fabric and is making a QUILT!! Crazy lady!
She got this done in, I'm not kidding, like 30 min! I was still hand sewing my garter/headband. Look out world Allison has a bobbin and she knows how to use it! (she actually figured out how to load the stinking machine before I could).

Thanks basically all gentle reader. Waist management update tomorrow! I am making up for yesterday's fudge and brownie with Raw organic oatmeal, Subway and ??? for dinner. Maybe I will take the stairs an extra round when I leave. I CAN DO IT!!

No comments:

Post a Comment

sing along


Get a playlist! Standalone player Get Ringtones

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...

About My Blog Video!